Device drivers are software that helps your PCs hardware and operating system to communicate properly. However, sometimes, these drivers become outdated or corrupted. That is why you need a driver update software that refurbishes your system drivers and get your PC running like a new system.
Device driver updater apps check the driver version and update the driver automatically in the background, Category: Driver Updater. Using such updater apps saves you a lot of time and the hassles involved in updating device drivers manually.
Here is a list of the Top Device Driver Updater Tools. This list consists of paid and open-source tools with popular features and the latest download links.
BEST Driver Updater Software & Tools Utility (Free/Paid)
DriverFix is Category: Driver Updater tool that enables you to update Windows drivers with single mouse click. This application can quickly find problematic drivers from your computer.
1) Driver Updater
Outbyte Driver Updater is a free software updated application that automatically searches outdated, corrupted, or missing from your device. It gives you access to a database of over 1 million drivers.
- Helps you get original and the most stable drivers
- Verified and original drivers are included in the program’s driver database.
- You can configure it to automatically check for driver updates five minutes after every Windows bootup.
- Allows you to select the drivers you want to back up if you want to save a copy of your current driver.
- Check for potential tweaks that the user could use to optimize the computer’s performance.
DriverFix is a tool that enables you to update Category: Driver Updater drivers with single mouse click. This application can quickly find problematic drivers from your computer.
- It enables you to download and update new drivers with ease.
- You can backup your current drivers.
- It helps you to improve the performance of your PC.
- This application can fix hardware issues.
- It offers more thandrivers.
- Supported platform: Windows.
3) Driver Genius
Driver Genius is a driver updater that supports a host of features apart from driver updates. This driver updater tool also shows hardware information, transfers files, optimizes the system, and cleans up junk files.
- Cleanup invalid and junk files.
- Provides System Booster.
- Hosts a huge database of drivers for almost every computer peripheral.
- Boasts a plethora of optimizations that keeps your PC in ideal condition.
- Provides functionality to create driver backups before making any changes.
- This is one of the best driver updaters for Windows 10 that helps you create a system restore point to revert the changes with ease.
- Supports Windows 10//8/7/Vista/XP, /Serverand
4) Driver Easy
Driver Easy is another popular tool for detecting and updating outdated drivers. It lets you download certified drivers. It helps you Category: Driver Updater scan the PC for outdated drivers, even when there is no Internet connection. This is one the best free driver updater tool allows you to update the drivers once the system is connected to the Internet.
- Allows you to find and install any device driver that you are looking for.
- It helps you to do backup and restore drivers as well as uninstall deleted hardware drivers.
- This driver updater utility downloads and installs updates directly within the software, which makes it one of the best driver scanners.
- It is one of the best driver updaters that helps you to update drivers that can also be exported to file.
- Support: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
- Installation File Size: MB.
- Driver Scan Time: 1 minute.
DriverMax is a driver update tool that supports automatic updates of the latest downloads. This driver updater tool can also update Windows components such as DirectX, OpenGL, C++ Runtime, Java, Oracle, Category: Driver Updater, and more.
- Multiple driver downloads.
- Compatible with recent Windows versions.
- Allows you to scan and detect device drivers that need updates or have issues.
- You can perform scheduled scans.
- This driver update utility allows you to find all drivers with issues and without issues.
- Allows you to back up your system drivers before installing updates.
6) Ashampoo Driver Updater
Ashampoo is another Driver Updater that helps you to troubleshoot problems caused by outdated drivers. It allows you to search for new driver versions from official manufacturers websites or relevant database to keep your system updated.
- Easy to use and setup.
- Provides one-click driver updates to fix hardware problems and improve system performance.
- It helps you to fix and update your graphics drivers for enhanced gaming performance.
- Creates restore points upon each update.
- Search for drivers automatically from manufacturers websites.
- Allows you to boost the systems performance.
- OS Support: Windows 10,8, and 7.
- Installation File Size: MB.
- Driver Scan Time: 2 minutes.
7) AVG Driver Updater
AVG Driver Updater can easily scan and fix driver issues. This software auto-scans the PC and looks for outdated, missing, or corrupt software updates and fixes it. It helps you to select the official drivers from + major brands.
- This is one of the best driver update software, which has an easy installation process to minimize hardware issues.
- Hosts many more advanced features suited for extreme users.
- It keeps on working in the background to find outdated PC drivers.
- Allows you to fix annoying PC freezes, crashes, connectivity bugs, mouse and printer problems.
- Installation File Size: MB.
- Pro version: Yes.
- Driver Scan Time: 1 minute.
- Support: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
Pricing: $/per year.
Category: Driver Updater height="46">
8) Advanced Driver Updater
Advanced Driver Update is an ideal solution with a large database for device driver updates for Windows. It comes with an automatic update option.
- Adds incompatible drivers to the exclusion list.
- Regularly checks for updates.
- Offers full and partial backups.
- Provides old and new driver versions for comparison.
- This is one of the best driver updater software that allows you to change the default folder for downloading updates.
- Database- 27,00+.
- Price- $
- Free Trial–Available.
- Pro Version-Yes.
- Supported platforms: Windows 10,8, 7, Category: Driver Updater, Vista, and XP (Both 32 and 64 bit).
9) IObit Driver Booster
Driver Booster is a powerful device driver download tool that helps gamers boost their game performance. It offers priority updates for gaming components and game-ready drivers to improve the gaming experience.
- External device updates.
- It runs automatically to find outdated drivers.
- Offers disk defragmenter that reduces the systems boot time.
- This is one of the best driver update software that comes with a game booster to lift your gaming performance.
- Downloads driver files during idle time.
- Compatibility- Windows 10,8, 7, Vista, and XP.
- Database- 30,00+
- Free Trial–Available.
- Pro-Version- Yes.
Pricing: $ for Driver Booster PRO
10) System Mechanic Ultimate Defense
System Mechanic Ultimate Defense is Category: Driver Updater driver update tool that offers multiple functionalities like PC optimization, file recovery, permanently erasing sensitive browsing history, and many more. This one of the best free driver updaters allows you to recover accidentally deleted documents, music, photos, etc.
- This is one of the best driver updater software that helps you delete sensitive browsing history and junk files from the entire hard drive.
- Provides excellent security, privacy, and performance.
- Speeds up the processor, memory, broadband, and hard drives.
- It can recover emails from popular email clients and data from various devices like cameras, Category: Driver Updater, memory cards, Category: Driver Updater, USBs, etc.
Pricing: Category: Driver Updater per month for pro version.
DriverFinder is a aurora hdr activation key Archives that detects and updates drivers for your PC based on its brand, model, and operating system. It resolves issues for previously connected drivers that had problems with the compatibility or installation.
- This is one of the best driver updaters that offers an excellent driver backup system.
- Low system requirements.
- 3-levels of drivers check.
- This driver update tool helps you to find drivers for removable devices.
- Prompts you to Category: Driver Updater the software whenever a new release with additional features comes up.
- System Requirements: Windows Category: Driver Updater, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
- Installation File Size: KB.
- Required Disk Space: MB.
- Driver Scan Time: 1 minute 3 seconds.
Driver-Fusion Category: Driver Updater application that enables you to analyze and fix your computer. It can help you to prevent your PC’s performance issues. This software can automatically update your drivers in the computer.
- It ensures that you receive the latest driver that improves the performance of your computer.
- This program can automatically create a backup of your file.
- It helps you manage device drivers installed in your system.
- You can identify the type, name, and manufacturer of your device.
- Provides summary reports of devices and drivers installed in your computer.
13) Driver Reviver
Driver Reviver is an intuitive driver update checker software. It offers a clutter-free interface, as it has very few tabs and clearly labeled buttons. It makes it easy for the user to navigate across the program.
- It helps you accumulate a large database of drivers that Category: Driver Updater ideally compatible with all the PC hardware and connected peripheral devices.
- Allows you to use its best driver scanner to maintain your systems well-being
- This driver update utility offers multilingual support so that even users with less English knowledge can use it effortlessly.
- Offers functionality to back up the drivers, Category: Driver Updater, which can be restored when needed.
- Pricing: $ per month.
- Supported platform: Windows 10, 8, 7, & Vista.
DriverSupport is considered one of the best software to update outdated drivers for Category: Driver Updater It comes with a great device driver matching technology that helps users find and install the latest updates as per specific manufacturer and PC model.
- Provides much-needed driver backup and restore options.
- It allows you to schedule the driver scans so that your computer gets scanned automatically.
- It helps you to exclude some drivers from the scanning process.
- This is one of the best driver updaters that helps you to access the software globally.
- It helps you to uninstall the drivers that you do not want to keep on the computer.
- Support: Windows Vista, 7, Category: Driver Updater, 8, and
- Installer file size: MB.
- Driver Scan Time: 2 minutes.
15) WinZip Driver Updater
WinZip Driver is a driver updater and a part of the WinZip optimization tools suite, a Microsoft partner developer. It allows you to quickly monitor system drivers status in the background quietly.
Category: Driver Updater Driver Updater" width="" height="">
- Provides driver recovery from a backup point.
- Regular updates.
- Helps you to repair driver-related errors.
- Automatically creates restore points.
16) Driver Talent
Driver Talent helps you to keep all the drivers updated and fix the issues. The application notifies corrupted and missing drivers. It also allows you to pre-download the drivers so that you can install them later.
- One-click find and fix driver issues.
- This is one of the best free driver update software that fixes corrupted, missing, outdated, and incompatible drivers.
- Effortlessly scans for all defective and incompatible hardware drivers.
- Allows users to install, uninstall, backup, and restore drivers.
- This is one of the best driver updaters for Windows 10, Category: Driver Updater, which provides official driver download links from all popular manufacturers.
- Supports Windows 10//8/7/Vista/XP/Server edition.
DriverIdentifier is a useful free driver update program. It helps Category: Driver Updater find all your needed drivers in just a few minutes, Category: Driver Updater. This is one of the best driver update software, which allows you to update any drivers for any computers.
- Provides an incredible database for software updates.
- You do not require an Internet connection to run this program.
- This is one of the best driver update software that allows you to download new drivers from the Internet.
- It has great driver update capability.
- Simple and foolproof interface.
- Supported platforms: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP drivers.
18) DriverPack Solution
DriverPack Solution is a suitable driver updater for any computer. It contains a tailored list of recommended software from top vendors. This driver update software is ideal for both individual professionals and enterprises.
- DriverPack notifies with real-time driver status monitoring.
- Provides Software recommendations
- Suitable for any device, including USB.
- This is one of the best driver update software that has an advanced AI-based detection system.
- This is one of the best driver updaters for Windows 10 that offers multi-language support.
- This is one of the best free driver Category: Driver Updater software which is available both online and offline.
- Supports Windows: 10//8/7/XP.
- Trial: Yes
19) Snappy Driver Installer
Snappy Driver Installer is a free and open-source tool that you can use for updating device drivers, Category: Driver Updater. This updater software features a command-line interface for professional users. You can use this driver update tool to download large driver packages to be installed on different PCs.
- Automatically creates a system restore point.
- This driver update software is available as an offline and online tool.
- It offers state-of-the-art algorithms for finding the best matching drivers for any device.
- Supported platforms: Windows XP, Vista, 7,8,
DriversCloud is a driver update software that offers an exclusive algorithm for finding and updating drivers. It allows you to share scan results by creating GIF signatures of your hardware configuration.
- BSoD crashes analytics tool.
- Allows manual drivers download from the website.
- Provides Hardware reports.
- Offers lots of details for drivers.
- Provides tools for sharing and exporting reports.
- Supported platforms: Windows 10, 8, Category: Driver Updater, 7, Vista, XP, and Windows
DriverHub provides one of the largest driver databases among similar programs. It helps you to select and install the most suitable drivers for your system.
- Provides variety of driver versions to choose from.
- It offers driver database which is available online via the DriverHub website.
- Allows you to save all data Category: Driver Updater download history.
- Support for Category: Driver Updater download.
- Supported platforms: Windows 7, 8, Category: Driver Updater,
22) Quick Driver Updater
Quick Driver updater is a free driver updater software available for Windows. You do not need to waste your time searching for official driver download links online. It automatically detects all corrupted or outdated drivers and then updates recommended drivers from the genuine manufacturer.
- Allows you to update all the outdated and corrupted drivers automatically.
- It supports various languages like English, German, etc.
- Offers a scan scheduler that allows you to run the scans as per your comfort.
23) Smart Driver
Smart Driver is another driver updater tool that helps you detect outdated, missing, and incompatible drivers. It allows you to update them in a single click to enjoy uninterrupted and improved PC performance. Its modern interface provides the Category: Driver Updater with backup and recovery with a single click.
- Updates outdated drivers automatically.
- One-Click updates for all your software.
- Allows you to recover drivers from backups.
- Helps Category: Driver Updater to restore drivers with a single click.
- Shows summary about installed drivers.
- Supported platforms: Windows 10/ / 8 / 7.
How Can I update drivers manually?
Although it is best to update Windows drivers automatically still if you want to update manually, then you need to follow the below-given steps:
Step 1) In the search bar, you need to type the name of the device you want to update (For example: Sound Card) the drivers and click the Search button.
Step 2) You will get a full list of matching updates.
Step 3) You just need to locate the update corresponding with your Windows version and then click the Download button.
Step 4) After the update gets downloaded, just double-click on it to install it on your system.
❓ What is a Device Driver?
A Device Driver is a software application that helps your PC hardware and operating system to communicate properly. However, sometimes, these drivers can become outdated or corrupted. That is why you need a driver update software that refurbishes your system drivers and get your PC running like new.
Device drivers update apps can check the driver version and update the driver automatically in the background, Category: Driver Updater. Using such update apps saves you a lot of time and hassles involved in updating device drivers.
🚀 Which are the Best Driver Update Software?
Below are some of the Best Driver Update Software:
- Outbyte Driver Updater
- Driver Genius
- Driver Easy
- Ashampoo Driver Updater
- AVG Driver Updater
- Advanced Driver Update
👉 What does a Device Driver app do?
A device driver app is used for updating device drivers. It offers great convenience and saves a lot of time for updating the drivers, Category: Driver Updater. Category: Driver Updater driver tools are dedicated to identifying and update the latest and most compatible device drivers as per the operating system.
⚡ What are the common features of a Driver update tool?
Here are some common features of the Driver updater tool:
- Driver backup creation and restoration: Your driver updater software should create driver backups and restore them if anything goes wrong.
- Enormous driver database: The driver update software hosts a huge driver database that helps you to update all the missing, outdated, and corrupted drivers on your PC without any hassles.
- Allows you to scan the entire PC to identify all the worn-out
drivers: A driver updater should scan every nook and corner of the PC to find all the out-of-date drivers in a snap of fingers.
- It should offer driver exclusion: A good driver updater has an exclusion list feature that allows you to exclude the driver updates as you want.
- Easy to use interface: A good driver updater comes with an interface that is clean, straightforward, and user-friendly so that even inexperienced users can use it with ease.
- Automatic driver scan in the background: It should automatically scan the PC in the background environment without occupying your workspace.
- Availability of scan scheduling: It should let you schedule the driver scans as per your desire and requirements.
- Helps you to fix the Driver in a single click: With the help of the best driver updater for Windows 10, you should fix the driver problems and update them with one click.
- Supports multiple languages: You need to make sure that your selected driver update
utility should support multiple languages like English, German, etc.
- Compatibility with all Windows versions: The best driver updating tool should always be compatible with all the operating system versions.
❗ Why is it important to update PC Drivers?
It is important to update PC drivers because they act as a communication link between the software and hardware. In case if it is outdated, Category: Driver Updater, the device will not function properly. Thus, the PC drivers must be updated regularly.
🚀 What are the common Driver-related errors?
- USB device not recognized.
- Issues with the Wi-Fi adapter driver
- Display driver stopped responding.
- Your PC ran into a problem and required to restart.
- Windows cant connect to the printer, Printer driver is unavailable, or The printer driver cannot connect to the network print server.
- No audio output device is installed.
❓ Is it safe to use a Device Driver updater application?
As driver update software needs to access important computer programs, a specific driver updaters safety can be measured by the vendors reputation.
Therefore, it is always good to check whether the driver updater software provides updates from authentic sources. In most cases, a reputable driver updater tool gives you the assurance that drivers are obtained from Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) sources.
🏅 How to check whether the Drivers are up to date or not?
Step 1) Go to Control Panel Hardware and Sound – Device Manager.
Step 2) Select a device you want to check, then – Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
After that, it will be scan and display whether a new driver version is available or it will show that latest drivers are already installed.
⭐ How often should you update Drivers?
Drivers are a necessary part of your system, Category: Driver Updater. If you keep them up to date all the time, the hardware and software will function smoothly at their best capability. It also makes more sense for one to update their drivers whenever a chance arises. But, if your PC is running smoothly without any issues, then you do not need to update the drivers. However, if you have updated the OS, installed a new hardware, installed a new software or game or facing any errors, then you may need to update the drivers.
❗ What drivers do I need to update?
You need to update all the hardware drivers like Keyboard, webcam, modem, motherboard, video, audio, graphics, network drivers, USB drivers, Category: Driver Updater, mouse drivers, printer, scanner driver, etc. to keep your Category: Driver Updater running smoothly.
✅ Do I have to pay for a Driver updater software?
No, many tools offer a free trial and free demo to evaluate your driver updates of your system. However, if you want to purchase a pro or premium version of any driver updater software, you need to pay for the same.
⚡ How to update Drivers on iPad?
Here, are the steps to update derivers on iPad device:
Step 1) Category: Driver Updater need to click and hold the Start button, then go to Device Manager.
Step 2) Locate a connected device (iPad in this case), Category: Driver Updater, right-click it, and select Update Driver.
Step 3) Then select Search -> Automatically for Updated Driver Software option.
🏅 How to update Drivers on mac?
Here are the steps to update drivers on Mac device.
Step 1) Find the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen, Right click on it, then select Software Update,
Step 2) Check for available updates, if any. It will be listed and ready for download. However, while installing drivers manually, please make sure to download for the compatible Mac version.
⚡ How to install hardware Drivers on Linux?
Most hardware drivers are integrated with Linux. Unlike with Windows, you do not require to search manufacturer drivers. Linux OS automatically detects hardware and apply proper drivers.
👉 How do I find missing Drivers?
To find the missing driver, you need to go to the Control Panel and open Device Manager. This helps you to find all hardware with errors will be displayed and marked with a yellow triangle. You can also check the current version for each driver.