Read this page to get answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Sweet Home 3D.
3D models import
- What are the minimum system requirements to run Sweet Home 3D?
Sweet Home 3D may be run under Windows 98 to Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) to macOS 11 (Big Sur), various Linux systems and Solaris. Your computer should have at least a processor running at 400 MHz, 256 MB and a graphic card with its driver updated (it runs slowly but successfully on an iMac DV).
Note that Live home 3d pro free download Archives Home 3D offline installer doesn't run under Windows 98 (SP1 or SP2). Under that system, you can install Sweet Home 3D only with Java Web Start, live home 3d pro free download Archives, live home 3d pro free download Archives meaning you must install Javafirst, live home 3d pro free download Archives, then click on the link Launch Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start.
- Is Sweet Home 3D free?
Thanks to the services provided by sourceforge.net and eTeks, you can download and use Sweet Home 3D free of charge, for personal or commercial purpose, under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Nevertheless, if you want to reward financially Sweet Home 3D project, you can donate the amount of your choice. Under Windows, you can also buy and download Sweet Home 3D on the Microsoft Store or on Amazon, whereas under Mac OS X 10.9 to macOS 11, you can buy and download it on the Mac App Store.
- I just changed computer and want to reinstall Sweet Home 3D on it. How can I retrieve the version I acquired?
If you used the free version, download it from the download page. If you acquired Sweet Home 3D on Amazon, go to the page Your digital games and software, where you'll be able to download the latest version once you signed in. If you acquired it on the Microsoft Store, live home 3d pro free download Archives, click on this link to display Sweet Home 3D page in Microsoft Store application, connect yourself by clicking on the Profile icon at top right then click on the Install button. Under Mac OS X, if you acquired it on the Mac App Store, launch App Store application, live home 3d pro free download Archives, connect yourself with Store > Sign in menu item and select the Store > Purchased or View My Account menu item to install Sweet Home 3D.
- When I click on the link Launch Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start, my browser doesn't know what to do with downloaded file. What should I do?
Under Mac OS X, click on the icon of the file while maintaining the ctrl key pressed, and choose Open in the live home 3d pro free download Archives menu that will appear (by default you should find it in the folder of your home folder). Under Windows and Linux, this is probably because Java isn't installed correctly or isn't installed at all on your system, live home 3d pro free download Archives. If you don't mind to download a bigger file (40 to 50 MB instead of 20 MB), the easiest way to fix this problem is to download Sweet Home 3D offline installer bundled with Java and to follow installation instructions.
Otherwise, under Windows, you should install or reinstall Java available at http://java.com, then click again on the link Launch Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start. Under Linux, you must also indicate to your browser that it should open the JNLP file with the command that you'll find in the subdirectory of the directory where Java is installed (search something named .).
- When I run Sweet Home 3D, only a splash screen appears during a few seconds. What happened?
This is a problem due to the configuration of your graphic card, live home 3d pro free download Archives. Please read the answer to the next question.
- I got the message Sweet Home 3D will exit now because of a fatal error in 3D rendering system. What can I do?
This is a problem due to the configuration of your graphic card.
- First, if you use Windows 7 or a previous version of Windows, open the Display Properties pane by right clicking on desktop screen and choosing Properties item in menu. In that pane, display the Settings tab, and click on the Advanced button. Then in the Troubleshoot tab of the pane that opened, check the Hardware acceleration cursor is at its maximum on Full, confirm your choice and try to run Sweet Home 3D again.
- If the previous operation didn't resolve your problem, update the OpenGL and DirectX drivers of your graphic card with the android] sygic gps navigation v12 available ones, and try to run Sweet Home 3D again.
- If this update still doesn't fix your problem and you use a 64 bit system, relaunch the installation program of Sweet Home 3D and select the 32 bit architecture option in the screen used to choose the installation folder (32 bit drivers are sometimes more stable than their 64 bit counterpart).
- If running Sweet Home 3D in 32 bit still doesn't work, download the file copy it in Sweet Home 3D installation folder (by default, or ) and relaunch Sweet Home 3D. The file tells Sweet Home 3D to use the DirectX version of the Java 3D library rather than the OpenGL version, but this option is available only in 32 bit (if you installed a JRE 32 bit, you may also click on this link to run Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start and the DirectX version of the Live home 3d pro free download Archives 3D library).
- Finally, if this last solution doesn't work, you may still want to use Sweet Home 3D without 3D features, by reading the answer to the next question.
- Update the drivers of your graphic card with the latest available ones, and try to run Sweet Home 3D again.
- Try to run the script which is available in the Linux installer and runs with an older version of Java 3D.
- If this solution doesn't work, you may still want to use Sweet Home 3D without 3D features, by reading the answer to the next question.
- How can I disable 3D features in Sweet Home 3D?
Since version 3.2, you may disable at Sweet Home 3D launch the features that needs the 3D capabilities of your computer. Thus, you get Sweet Home 2D application which runs without any 3D view, without a 3D view menu, without the capability to render photos, create videos and import individual pieces of furniture; but you can still draw and layout furniture in the 2D plan without problems, SH3D files created with this version are compatible with Sweet Home 3D ones and you can import furniture libraries.
To install and run Sweet Home 2D with Java Web Start, install Java and click on this link (Sweet Home 3D and Sweet Home 2D may be installed on the same computer if needed). You may also run Sweet Home 2D by downloading the Jar executable version of Sweet Home 3D and executing the command.
- Sweet Home 3D crashes when I want live home 3d pro free download Archives edit preferences, live home 3d pro free download Archives, print, create a photo or create a video, live home 3d pro free download Archives. What can I do?
This issue happens mostly on a few Linux computers when Sweet Home 3D checks whether computing offscreen 3D images is supported by Java 3D on your computer. This feature is required to compute the top view of furniture in the plan, to print the 3D view and to manage the two lowest photo and video quality levels. If Sweet Home 3D detects offscreen 3D images aren't supported by your system, it automatically disables the features based on it, but sometimes, the detection test itself makes Sweet Home 3D crash! To launch a version of Sweet Home 3D which avoids this test and disables the features depending on offscreen 3D images, live home 3d pro free download Archives, add the Java option to the command in Linux SweetHome3D script, or click on this Java Web Start link.
- Texts in the furniture catalog are not displayed correctly or icons in the toolbar appear very small on my computer, live home 3d pro free download Archives. How can I fix that?
live home 3d pro free download Archives You probably use a recent computer with a HiDPI or high resolution screen, under Windows or Linux. If you run Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start, using the HiDPI Java Web Start version should fix this issue. If you use the installer version under Windows, update to version 6.0 which fixes this issue. For older versions, create a text file named in the same folder ascopy/paste the following Java options in that file, and restart Sweet Home 3D (you may also download file and move it in folder): -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale=2.5 -Dswing.defaultlaf=javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel -Dswing.plaf.metal.controlFont=Dialog-11 -Dswing.plaf.metal.userFont=SansSerif-11 -Dswing.plaf.metal.systemFont=SansSerif-11 Under Linux, edit script and add the previous options before Java option without line returns.
- How can I adjust the memory used by Sweet Home 3D?
Sweet Home 3D can't use as much as memory as your computer can offer by itself, but you can still change the maximum memory used by the program if needed. This may be required for example if an error red cross appears during the photo rendering of a home with many different and detailled 3D models. By default, the Java Web Start version uses 640 MB or 2 GB at maximum according to your system, and the installer version uses 1 GB or 2 GB at maximum, except under 32-bit Windows where it's still 640 MB (this maximum is displayed in the About dialog box). For the installer version, you can change this number by udpating the value of the Java option, as follows:
- Under Windows, create a text file named in the same folder aswrite the maximum memory Java option in that file, for example for 700 MB, then relaunch Sweet Home 3D. For a value higher than 700 MB, tested as the highest value under which Sweet Home 3D can run safely on a 32-bit Windows computer with little RAM, you should use a computer running 64-bit Windows and install Sweet Home 3D 4.3 or higher.
- With the free version running with Apple Java 1.6 under Mac OS X (see About dialog box in Sweet Home 3D), click on the application icon of Sweet Home 3D while maintaining the ctrl key pressed to display live home 3d pro free download Archives its contextual menu, choose Show Package Contents item, open the Contents folder, edit the Info.plist file by dragging its icon on TextEdit application and update the maximum memory in the text writing live home 3d pro free download Archives example for 2 GB instead of 1024 MB. Finally, live home 3d pro free download Archives, save the file and relaunch Sweet Home 3D. If Info.plist is protected, you may run a command like in a Terminal window to edit it (this command requires to enter the password of the administrator of the Mac).
- With the Mac App Store version or the free version running with Java 1.8 under Mac OS X, edit the SweetHome3D.cfg file found in the Contents/Java subfolder of Sweet Home 3D application and update the maximum memory live home 3d pro free download Archives adding the option after the linewriting for example for 6 GB. Save the file and relaunch Sweet Home 3D. To edit the SweetHome3D.cfg protected file, live home 3d pro free download Archives you may run a command like in a Terminal window (this command requires to enter the password of the administrator of the Mac).
- With the Mac App Store version or the free version running with Java 15 under Mac OS X, live home 3d pro free download Archives the SweetHome3D.cfg file found in the Contents/app subfolder of Sweet Home 3D application and update the maximum memory by adding or modifying the option after the linewriting for example for 6 GB. Save the file and relaunch Sweet Home 3D. To edit the SweetHome3D.cfg protected file, you may run a command like in a Terminal window (this command requires to enter the password of the administrator of the Mac).
- Under Linux, edit script, update the maximum memory in the option (using for example for 2 GB), save the script, then relaunch Sweet Home 3D.
- Where can I find an icon for Sweet Home 3D under Linux?
You can use the image proposed in the installer or the ones proposed in this article.
- A new version of Sweet Home 3D is available in my language, but all texts are still in English. How can I change texts by the ones of my language?
Choose your language in the Language drop down list of the Preferences pane, live home 3d pro free download Archives. Under Mac OS X, this pane is displayed by choosing the Preferences item in the Sweet Home 3D menu. Under other systems, it's displayed by choosing the Preferences item in the File menu.
- Where can I find older versions of Sweet Home 3D?
The installers of older versions of Sweet Home 3D are available in the driver updater pro Files section of the project on SourceForge.net.
If you want to run older versions of Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start, click on this link to run version 1.8 or this link to run version 0.10 (Sweet Home 3D version 0.10 is the study case of the French book Les cahiers du programmeur Swing, written by Emmanuel Puybaret and published by Editions Eyrolles in December 2006).
- How can I uninstall Sweet Home 3D?
To uninstall Sweet Home 3D, live home 3d pro free download Archives, follow these steps depending on your system:
Sweet Home 3D saves also some data in files and folders separated from the program ones, to avoid losing them when you update the software. For your information, here are the places where you can find this data when it exists:
- Under Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, select Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel, select Sweet Home 3D in the programs list then click on the Uninstall button.
- Under Windows XP and previous versions of Windows, select Add or Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel, select Sweet Home 3D in the programs list then click on the Remove button.
- Under Mac OS X, move the icon of Sweet Home 3D application in the trash, live home 3d pro free download Archives. If you installed Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start, you may also empty the Java cache used by the program by running command in a Terminal window, then removing Sweet Home 3D from Java Web Start applications list.
- Under Linux, if you installed Sweet Home 3D with its installation program, move its application folder in the trash. If you installed Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start, run command in a Terminal window, live home 3d pro free download Archives, then remove Sweet Home 3D from Java Web Start applications list.
- Under Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, imported furniture, textures, plug-ins and user preferences are saved in the folder and its subfolders ; user preferences handled with version 2.6 and previous versions are saved in the folder of Windows registry.
- Under Windows XP and previous versions of Windows, imported furniture, textures, plug-ins and user preferences are saved in the folder and its subfolders ; user preferences handled with version 2.6 and previous versions are saved in the folder of Windows registry.
- Under Mac OS X, imported furniture, textures, plug-ins and and user preferences are saved in the subfolder of your user folder ; some user preferences might also be saved in the files and found in the subfolder of your user folder.
- Under Linux, imported furniture, textures, plug-ins and and user live home 3d pro free download Archives preferences are saved in the subfolder of your user folder ; user preferences handled with version 2.6 and previous versions are saved in the subfolder of your user folder.
3D models import
- I downloaded a 3DS model from the web, but Sweet Home 3D doesn't import it correctly and some parts of the model are scattered. What can I do?
First, be sure to use at least the version 4.5 of Sweet Home 3D that improved 3DS format support. But it's still possible that a few models are imported incorrectly with that version. Try to convert live home 3d pro free download Archives 3DS files that don't work in OBJ files with FBX Converter, first converting 3DS files in FBX files, then converting generated FBX files in OBJ files.
- How can I import 3D models in OBJ, DAE or 3DS format with the Mac App Store version of Sweet Home 3D?
For security reasons required by Apple, it's possible to import a 3D model in the Mac App Store version, only if it's stored in a ZIP archive or if it's a file in KMZ format. If you create or download a 3D model in OBJ, DAE or 3DS format, live home 3d pro free download Archives, you'll have to save first the file(s) of this model in a ZIP archive that you'll be able to import in Sweet Home 3D afterwards. To achieve this, select the files of the 3D model in the Finder (OBJ file + MTL file + possibly images, DAE file + images or 3DS file + images), and choose the File > Compress menu item to create a ZIP archive containing selected files.
If you use Safari to download 3D models which are available as ZIP archives (like the ones of the free models page), you should also know that the preferences of this browser propose an Open safe files after downloading option that is selected by default; therefore, all downloaded ZIP archives will be automatically unzipped. If it's the case, live home 3d pro free download Archives, instead of creating again a ZIP achive from files unzipped by Safari, it's more handy to uncheck the Open safe files after downloading option to download models directly in ZIP format.
- Does Sweet Home 3D support 3D models that use textures?
Yes from version 1.6. You may import the 3D model file directly or a ZIP file that contains the 3D model file and its texture files. Note that once imported, a 3D model file and the files depending on it (MTL file, texture image files.) are copied in private directories of Sweet Home 3D to let you move these files elsewhere or even delete them.
- How can I change the color of the different parts of a model in OBJ format?
live home 3d pro free download Archives The OBJ file format is a text file format that is quite simple. From its description at Java 3D web site, this discussion and this live home 3d pro free download Archives one available on Sweet Home 3D forums, you may change the color of the different parts of an OBJ model by adding rows in the file, where is one of the color described in Download IObit Driver Booster Pro 220.127.116.11 Crack Archives document. From version 1.6, you may also describe model color and texures in a MTL file referenced by the OBJ file with a statement.
- How can I create a new category of furniture?
During the Import furniture wizard, you may choose the category Quick Heal X-Gen v7.01 crack serial keygen of an imported 3D model with an editable drop down list. Thus, if you want to add an imported model to a new category, type a new category name in the text field of this drop down list. If it doesn't exist, it will be created.
- Which program can I use to create 3D model files?
You may use any program able to create or export 3D models in OBJ, DAE/Collada or 3DS format. Among the free programs, start with Art of Illusion if you never used any 3D modeling program, because it's quite easy to learn and use. Blender is also a very popular program supported by a large community, but it's much more difficult to learn. Both programs are able to export to OBJ adobe muse torrent Archives format and run under Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- How can I transfer the furniture I imported on an other computer?
Whether they come from the default catalog or were imported, all the pieces of furniture you use in a home are saved in the matching SH3D file. Thus you may transfer and open a SH3D file on any other computer even if it runs under an other operating system.
On the other side, the pieces imported in the catalog of Sweet Home 3D are saved in private folders separate from program one to avoid losing them during an upgrade of the program. If you want to transfer these pieces to the Sweet Home 3D catalog of an other computer, you may use ExportToSH3F-1.0.sh3p plug-in. Once you installed this plug-in, live home 3d pro free download Archives, choose the new menu item Furniture > Export imported furniture to SH3F. to create a SH3F file and import it on the other computer with the Furniture > Import furniture library. menu item (caution, this plug-in doesn't work with the Java Web Start version of Sweet Home 3D).
If required, you may edit a SH3F file with the downloadable Furniture Library Editor.
- I chose Furniture > Import furniture. menu item to import a 3D model, but during the wizard, I got the message Sweet Home 3D must exit now because of a fatal error in 3D rendering system. What can I do?
This is a problem due to the configuration of your graphic card. Please read the answer to the same question in the Installation section. If it doesn't solve your problem, you may also try to import librairies of additional 3D models.
- How can I create a roof on top of a house?
Sweet Home 3D supports the creation of ceilings seen from below, but doesn't propose some simple way to create roofs yet. Nevertheless, you can use various tricks to cover a house: if the roof is flat, you can draw rooms in a level matching that roof. If you want to add a sloping roof, you may assemble blue slate roof, red slate roof or polygonal roof 3D models available at the 3D models import page, as well as the ones available in 3D Models Contributions Tracking System like Krams036's models and OK Hoff's models. From the version 5.5, you may also assemble boxes and triangles of the Miscellaneous category that you'll flatten and rotate around their horizontal axis, like in the house demos available in the dialog box shown by the File > New from demo menu item.
- How can I create different stories or levels in a home?
From version 3.4, use the Plan > Add level menu item to create live home 3d pro free download Archives levels, then choose Plan > Modify level to adjust its elevation, height and other attributes.
- How can I create round walls?
live home 3d pro free download Archives You may create round walls either with the Wall creation tool, or afterwards with the wall modification pane or with a drag-and-drop of the indicator displayed at the half of a wall. If you want to draw a round wall during its creation, live home 3d pro free download Archives, keep the ctrl key (alt key under Mac OS X) pressed when you click a second time at the end point of a new wall; an arc of a circle joining the two ends of the new wall will appear, and you can modify the arc extent of the round wall by moving the mouse pointer, until you click a third time. The angle of this arc extent may be entered with the keyboard too, once you pressed the Enter key, live home 3d pro free download Archives, or ctrl + Enter (alt + Enter under Mac OS X) keys if you were already using keyboard mode live home 3d pro free download Archives enter the length of the wall. To modify the arc extent of a wall afterwards, double-click on the wall and modify the value of the Arc extent field in its wall modification pane.
- How can I change the opening side of a door or a window?
When magnestism is active, the opening side of a door or a window towards the interior or the exterior depends on the side of the wall where you drag and drop it. The location of the rotation axis of a door or a window towards the left or the right may be reversed by double clicking on it in the plan or the furniture list, then selecting the Mirrored live home 3d pro free download Archives shape option in the furniture modification pane.
- Is it possible to manually set the rotation center of the 3D view in Aerial view mode?
In Aerial view mode, the observer can turn around his home in the 3D view to view it from various angles. By default, this rotation is centered on the middle of the bounding box which contains all the walls, rooms and furniture added to home, and this center is automatically updated at each modification. This behavior ensures the user always sees his home entirely with no way to get lost in the 3D view. If you want to move this center of rotation, enable the Aerial view centered on selection live home 3d pro free download Archives option in the preferences pane and select the object(s) in the plan around which the aerial view will turn, or use the Virtual visit mode which lets you choose any point of view. If you want to see some rooms hidden by walls in Aerial view mode, you may also set the walls transparency in the modification pane of the 3D view.
- Importing a background image seemed to run correctly but no image appears in plan. What is going on?
Check the size you chose during the second step of the Import background image wizard. The entered value must match the size of the line premiere pro Archives drawn below in the real life, not its size at screen or on the paper you scanned, live home 3d pro free download Archives. If the current unit is centimeter or inch, this value will be probably much larger than 100.
- Sweet Home 3D refuses to save a file I created. How can I fix this issue?
Check that you have the permissions to write in the folder where you want to save that file. If this is the case and your system is Windows, check also that its security settings don't forbid you to save some files from Sweet Home 3D application, following these instructions.
- Sweet Home 3D refuses to open a SH3D file I created, or opens it incorrectly. Is there a way to repair it?
When Sweet Home 3D saves a home, it attempts to create first a temporary file that replaces the previously saved file only once the temporary file is successfully created and if there's enough disk space. This ensures that there's very little chance that your previous SH3D file gets corrupted even if the last save operation failed. Nevertheless, some users still report they can't live home 3d pro free download Archives open their SH3D file, live home 3d pro free download Archives. If this is your case, try to open your SH3D file with Sweet Home 3D 4.4 and above, to check if the program can repair it. If it still can't open your file, live home 3d pro free download Archives, please try to describe to the developer of Sweet Home 3D the circumstances of the last save operation (was is successful?), live home 3d pro free download Archives, whether the SH3D file was transferred or not by email, ftp or with an USB key, what happens when you try to open the file that causes problems, and join a compressed version of your SH3D file if possible.
Finally, try next time to back up regularly your SH3D files, like you should do for any document you spend hours on.
- Can I import a SH3D file in the Online version?
From version 4.4, you may import a SH3D file in the Online version or export a home from the Online version to a SH3D file to edit it with Sweet Home 3D installed version. Importing and exporting services are available only to the users who are registered and logged in.
- The 3D view of Sweet Home 3D is always black or shows twice the same image. What can I do?
Under Windows, installing Java and running Sweet Home 3D with DirectX generally solves this problem. Read also the answer to this question in the Installation section.
- Sweet Home 3D refuses to print the 3D view. What can StartIsBack++ 2.9.12 Full Cracked Version Download I do?
This is a problem due to the configuration of your graphic card that can't create offscreen 3D images. Please read the answer to this question in the Installation section.
- How can I improve the lighting of the 3D view?
Depending on your graphic card, the 3D view may look too bright or too dark. You may adjust Light brightness in the pane displayed by choosing 3D view > Modify.. If you want a more photorealistic rendering of the 3D view, choose 3D view > Create photo. from the menu and select the best quality available in the displayed pane, after checking you use at least the version 3.0 of Sweet Home 3D.
- How can I speed up the rendering process in photo and video creation panes?
In the photo creation pane, computing an image at the two best quality levels may take a few minutes, and in the video creation pane, live home 3d pro free download Archives, computing the video may take many hours. To speed up the rendering process, try the following tips:
Note that the graphic card isn't used at all to compute images at the two best quality levels, so using a better one won't help.
- increase the max memory allocated to Sweet Home 3D,
- create smaller images or videos, and/or compute them with a lower live home 3d pro free download Archives quality,
- turn off useless lights,
- use less detailed 3D models,
- use texture images with a lower resolution,
- use a computer with a more powerful CPU (running at a higher frequency and/or with more cores),
- render photos with YafaRay rendering plug-in.
- Where are missing features listed?
You'll find requested features at this page and in some discussions of Sweet Home 3D forums.
- How can I contribute to Sweet Home 3D?
You may contribute to Sweet Home 3D in many ways:
- Write an article about it on your blog, a forum or other means available on the Internet, for example to review it or to describe live home 3d pro free download Archives how you used it.
- Create some new 3D models and post them in 3D Models Contributions Tracking System, so they can be added to the Free 3D models page.
- If you have some skills in Java programming, develop a plug-in for Sweet Home 3D, after reading its plug-in developer's guide.
- Write a tutorial about Sweet Home 3D in the language of your choice, or even create a video tutorial, like the ones described in the live home 3d pro free download Archives documentation page. If you have no means to host your document on the Web, it may be hosted on Sweet live home 3d pro free download Archives Home 3D site.
- Translate Sweet Home 3D in an other language.
- Answer user questions in Sweet Home 3D forum.
- Report a bug, propose a missing feature or write a review on SourceForge.net.
- Donate to FL Studio Crack 18.104.22.1683 Torrent Free Download Home 3D project.
- How can I contribute to the translation of Sweet Home 3D in an other language?
Localizing Sweet Home 3D in a language consists of the translation of: This may be achieved by one or more persons and should take at least four days of work.
Please, read the translation guide live home 3d pro free download Archives and/or write to the developer of Sweet Home 3D to receive more instructions about this process.
Thanks to Pencilart for her contribution live home 3d pro free download Archives to the translation of this page.
| || || |
|© Copyright 2006-2021 eTeks - All rights reserved|